The Salt Industry Center of Japan's policy for the protection of personal information is as follows.
Policy for the protection of personal information
The Salt Industry Center of Japan believes that the proper handling of personal information in our operations forms the base of trust with our customers, business connections and, eventually, society as a whole, and we acknowledge that we should protect personal information not only to comply with statutory requirements, but also as a social obligation.
The Salt Industry Center of Japan handles personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and norms with the greatest circumspection, based on the fundamental rules described below, and promotes measures for the protection of personal information.
- We obtain personal information after setting the purpose of the use of such information and acquire only the personal information that we require for our operations.
- We do not obtain personal information using unjust means.
We will not use the personal information that we obtain other than for the purpose of the use originally set and we will not provide the personal information to any third party without receiving the consent of the people concerned, unless otherwise such information is required:
- by law,
- to protect life, body, limb or property and when obtaining the consent of the people concerned is difficult,
- particularly for the improvement of public health and the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and when obtaining the consent of the people concerned is difficult, or
- to cooperate with state agencies and local public entities and their assigned parties in the execution of work stipulated by law and there is the possibility that obtaining the consent of the people concerned may hinder the execution of the work.
- We endeavor to manage the personal information that we obtain so that such information is as accurate and as up to date as possible. We will respond to any requests made by the providers of personal information in an appropriate manner.
- We have implemented safety management measures for the personal information we obtain in order to prevent leaks, alterations or losses, etc.
- We will continue to implement measures required for the protection of personal information.